Date:      Mon, 29 May 2000 10:35:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Steve Heistand <heistand@heistand.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: have a couple of problems.

:
:The patch fixes the problem with the overflow message and gets my connection
:speed back up.  Which is good.  Unfotunately my display is having problems.
:Not nearly as much as before but still noticable and a little annoying.
:
:steve

    I can't imagine how the display problems could be related to
    the kernel.  It sounds like a problem I've seen often on old
    (3+ years) video cards where accellerated modes caused snow to
    appear on the screen whenever the thing was bit blitting.

    I would mess around with the options available to you in XF86Config.
    Read up on the card you have in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc to see what
    tweaks are available.  You can also try lowering the screen resolution
    and/or the vertical refresh rate.

						-Matt