Date:      Sat, 09 Sep 2000 22:45:39 +0200
From:      joerch <helix@mayn.de>
To:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   hi this is something from a newbie ;)

hi

ok first of all i want to tell you, that i tried about 5 different
"manuals" to
add the mousewheelcontrolthing ;)

second thing i can say is, nothing worked.

now i tried it myself, i send you my success ;)

first

/etc/rc.conf :

moused_enable="YES"

second

/etc/XF86Config

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "PS/2"
   Device          "/dev/sysmouse"
   BaudRate        1200
   Emulate3Timeout 50
   Resolution      100
   ZAxisMapping    4 5
EndSection

something i must explain, i did a XF86Setup and took the ps2 mouse, did
not enable
the 3button emulation.

the next thing i did, i get an editor and added only ZAxisMapping    4
5  to the
pointer section.

restarted the X and did the imwheel -k command.

i use a logitech wheelmouse, FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE #0 ( the freebsd 4.0
current and installed
40upgrade.tgz.

i am a newbie so i do not know, did i something new or just another
thing ;)
but i know, nothing i found on the net worked with my pc, so i got angry
;)
and did it myself.

maybe its a help for someone else, i hope.
if you want to use this description, feel free and get a tech price ;)

nice to see a very good site on the net ;) with a nice and wonderful os
;)
i mean www.freebsd.org and freebsd ;)

thank for all

| ja ich habe fenster die man oeffnen kann und |
| die fallen dann nicht auf die strasse. ;)    |