Date:      Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:05:09 -0800
From:      Gleb Smirnoff <glebius@FreeBSD.org>
To:        hiren panchasara <hiren@strugglingcoder.info>
Cc:        Jakub Palider <jpa@semihalf.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org, karels@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FLOWTABLE aka TCP route caching panic

On Mon, Nov 28, 2016 at 02:10:33PM -0800, hiren panchasara wrote:
h> > Hi,
h> > I have found that last month (19 Oct) the problem appeared on this list,
h> > and to my experience it persists, both on VM and bare metal installation
h> > (HEAD from yesterday). I looks that enabling FLOWTABLE option is the only
h> > source of this fault happening. It appears on our setup in 80% cases within
h> > one hour from boot up.
h> > From our debugging, it is caused by lock on DESTROYED lock. Did you find a
h> > solution to this problem?

Not yet.

I'm pretty sure that reverting my r307234 will fix your crashes. However, I still
believe that r307234 is a proper way of fixing things, not r300854 which just
plugged the problem in the nearest place to the crash. But as we all see r307234
is definitely missing some code path, which still allows for stale route to be
referenced.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.