Date:      Tue, 07 Jul 2009 12:17:01 +0200
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
To:        Xavier Cardil <cardil.xavier@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mail treatment

Hi,
Reference:

Xavier Cardil wrote:
> Hi all, another question:
>
> When I check some user inbox mail, the mail is stored as only 1 file.
> That's good because you don't get lots of files, one file per e-mail.
> But when it comes to mail treatment, I find it is harder to manage.
> I'm trying to find the way to get a message every time it come in,
> analyse the subject and the attachments and with that two results do
> something, like create another file to send it to a fax send
> application. Is there a way to cut the file by mail, or to receive the
> messages on different files ?
>
> Thank you.

You are asking on wrong list.
Better ask on eg hackers@ or questions@ next time.
See list remit on http://freebsd.org/

However, Answer/ what I use: /usr/ports/mail/procmail
Which is nmh compatible		/usr/ports/mail/nmh
Which is compatible with most MUA Mail User Agents.
Procmail has lots of docu. & some example syntax, but here's
my personal filter syntax for procmail
	http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/dots/.procmailrc
	http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/dots/.procmailrc.lists	# for this list

Cheers,