Date:      Fri, 24 May 1996 07:21:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      mgessner@winc.com
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   console control

Hi, all,

	I'd very much like to get my console screens running at 43 or
50 lines like I'm supposed to be able to do.  I've tried 2 things:

	1) set term=cons50
	2) vidcontrol VGA_80x50

Usually, vidcontrol gets upset at that point, saying "invalid mode."
Can anyone help me out here?

	Also, can anyone tell me how I can get my already configured
Logitech mouse to work on psm0?  I rebuilt the kernel and it detects the
device on psm0 on boot, but X doesn't behave like it sees a mouse there;
the mouse doesn't respond to movement other than to jump to the upper
left hand corner of the screen.

	Thanks folks,

		Matt Gessner <mgessner@aristar.com>