Date:      Sun, 12 Dec 1999 22:33:14 -0500
From:      "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        "Vladimir N. Silyaev" <vsilyaev@mindspring.com>, freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware questions

On Sun, Dec 12, 1999 at 09:59:33PM -0500, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> Sounds like it.  I wonder if this is vmware's problem, or if it is a
> general linux-emu problem..
I have another assumption, may be this is a bug in SCSI CDROM driver, because
linux-emu and vmware doesn't have a difference between SCSI and IDE drivers,
and SCSI and IDE driver have the same IOCTL interface.

>  > >
>  > > I have appended a small patch to linprocfs_misc so that linprocfs
>  > > reports memory size correctly.
>  > Really this is patch must be addressed to Pierre Beyssac.
>  > If you are interested on more correctly work of .../meminfo I have
>  > just another patch, probably much more correct (probably only one leak
>  > in swap info).
>
> Nice.  I was wondering to myself why you need sysctl, but then I
> realized that you need it for meminfo.mem_shared..
Exactly, not all information exported by sysctl available via global variables
(and vice versa). And at all, sysctl is a more common interface.

--
Vladimir Silyaev