Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2022 22:21:24 -0500
From:      Alexander Motin <mav@FreeBSD.org>
To:        louis.freebsd@xs4all.nl, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: DESPARATE: How to stop FreeBSD form sleeping / disable ACPI? (on FreeBSD14 CURRENT)

On 10.11.2022 15:29, louis.freebsd@xs4all.nl wrote:
> I am still desperately trying to stop FreeBSD from sleeping, but I
> simply do not manage.
>
> It is really very annoying that I have to restart the machine every 10
> minutes, when I am working via SSH.
>
> So if any one has a solution, it would be very much appreciated!
>
> It should ….. be possible to kill / stop ACPI some how 😊
>
> If absolutely not possible in the actual build 😊, a cron job restarting
> the timer every 5 minutes perhaps !!???

I've never used it, so just an idea, but there is sysctl
kern.suspend_blocked that being set to 1 seems should block suspend
requests.  You may try to set it and see what happen.

> It is possible perhaps … that GNOME is initiating this, despite that the
> GUI powersetting is screenblank β€œNEVER”.

It is not a screen blank.  Gnome site tells:
https://help.gnome.org/users/gnome-help/stable/power-autosuspend.html.en

> Whatever is causing the problem, the settings should be such that ^no
> whatever program^ should not be capable to initiate the sleepmode.

Does the system suspends if you do not start Gnome?  For example if you
boot into single-user mode and leave the system there?  It would be the
easiest test probably.

--
Alexander Motin