Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 2000 14:49:26 -0800
From:      W Gerald Hicks <gehicks@cisco.com>
To:        wimo@osiricom.co.za
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Internals

[moved to -chat]

Wim Olivier wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I would like to know where I can get hold of some additional documents
> on BSD internals.
> I already have "The Design of the 4.4 BSD OS" book and devoured it.
>
> Now looking for some more...

Getting more involved with one of the BSD projects is perhaps the best
next step to take.  I'd encourage spending a fair amount of time
learning about the project's 'metadata' (makefiles, source tree layouts,
source updating and mailing lists).

Your knowledge of how to navigate the source code and other project
resources will amplify the benefits of your interactions with other BSD
developers.

BSD lives on the net, not in a library  ;-)

Cheers,

Jerry Hicks
gehicks@cisco.com