Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:45:11 +0000
From:      "clayton rollins" <crollins666@hotmail.com>
To:        kthtr2000@yahoo.com
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: new freeBSD install internet connection problem

On Feb. 14, 2004 "Keith" <kthtr2000@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I just installed freeBSD for the first.  I logged into KDE and found
>that I am unable to connect to the internet.  At this point, what
>would  I need to do to setup a DHCP internet connection?

Hi Keith,

Congrats on getting up and running. (And, glad to hear you were
able to fix your mouse issues.)

'man ifconfig', 'man rc.conf'...

As this is newbies, I'm not allowed to offer any real technical advice.
If you continue to have problems, consider writing -questions for
further help.

To note, my rc.conf contains the line:
ifconfig_xl0="DHCP"
where xl0 is the name of the interface (NIC).

Regards,
Clayton

Get some great ideas here for your sweetheart on Valentine's Day - and
beyond. http://special.msn.com/network/celebrateromance.armx