Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:25:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Renaud Waldura <renaud@softway.com>
To:        bradley@dunn.org (Bradley Dunn)
Cc:        rbickers@intercenter.net, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSDI and binary compatibility

Bradley Dunn wrote:

> we would never consider going back. I really don't see any major
> advantages of BSDI over FreeBSD for ISP use, unless you need technical
> support (which costs extra anyway). Besides, the FreeBSD mailing lists are

Same comment here.

If you're knowledgeable enough, go FreeBSD at first, it'll be cheaper
in the short term and -- dare I say -- more valuable in the long term.
You'll get more for less money.

I think most people buy BSDI because they're afraid (correctly or not)
of the lack of support in FreeBSD.
Who needs technical support when have the source anyway? :)
My Opinion Only.

--
-- Renaud Waldura -- -- Softway International, Inc -- -- rw@softway.com --
-- 185 Berry Street, Suite 5514 -- -- San Francisco, CA 94107 -- -- USA --