Date:         Thu, 07 Aug 97 21:55 PDT
From:      Denis DeLaRoca                       <CSP1DWD@MVS.OAC.UCLA.EDU>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@LABINFO.IET.UNIPI.IT>
Cc:        multimedia@FREEBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [vat] suggestions for full-duplex vat ?

On Fri, 8 Aug 1997 05:03:40 +0200 MET DST,
   Luigi Rizzo <luigi@LABINFO.IET.UNIPI.IT> said:

> I am trying to run vat (4.02b) with fullduplex audio, but the obvious
> fix (in audio-voxware.cc: change HalfDuplex to return 0, and #define
> fullduplex) do not quite work: the program seems to hang somewhere
> before even doing a read. Is anyone familiar with making vat work in
> fullduplex (perhaps with guspnpXX, or on other platforms) and can you
> suggest me what to look at ?

That would be Amancio's department. He's got a suitably modified
audio-voxware.cc and that should help you get started. The code may
still need work with the gain(), obtain/release() and mute() functions.
One thig that never worked for me was having several VATs active and
switching focus among them: the audio device would not switch.

-- Denis