Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 16:57:04 +0200
From:      Len Conrad <lconrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: postfix as a backup mx

mydomain.com. MX   10   mymail.mydomain.com
mydomain.com. MX   20   postfix.mydomain.com

In main.cf, from http://postfix.eu.org/uce.html

"permit_mx_backup = yes

Permit the request when the local mail system is MX host for the resolved
destination. This includes the case that the local mail system is the final
destination. However, the SMTP server will not forward mail with addresses
that have sender-specified
routing information (example: user@elsewhere@domain)"

Len