Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 09:47:06 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        adf@fl.net.au (Andrew Foster)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: News and FreeBSD

> Hi,
>
> Anyone run a stable FreeBSD news server using innd?  I'm getting reboots,
> and it's generally whilst running the expire in news.daily.
>
> This is with INN 1.4 unoff3
>
> Thanks,
> Andrew Foster
> First Link Internet Services

I'm running several major news servers under 2.1.0-RELEASE, one running
unoff2, one unoff3, etc.  No problems.

It may get a little annoyed at you if you don't have enough RAM or other
resources...  a more detailed description of your system would be helpful.

fyi:  news.sol.net is a 64MB ASUS Triton P90 with NCR-810 SCSI and AHA-3940
SCSI, a SMC-8013 ethernet, and a slew of disks  :-)  the average history.pag
file size is around 15MB.  (these are all important factors, please reply in
at least that much detail).

... Joe

Solaria Public Access UNIX - Milwaukee, WI			   414/546-7968