Date:      Sun, 23 Mar 2008 23:09:04 +0100
From:      Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   success! (well, partly...) (was: Re: new cpu affinity syscalls and (k)qemu on amd64 SMP)

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 07:08:07PM +0100, Juergen Lock wrote:
> Hi!
>
>  There's a (remote?) possibility that the amd64 SMP kqemu crashes
> could be cured by pinning the qemu process to a single cpu (tho, if its
> that, I wonder why it works on i386 without doing that...)  [...]

Ok I now made a -current qemu -smp 2 guest and did
	cpuset -l 1 zsh
and in that shell ran qemu-system-x86_64 with kqemu on the 7.0 livefs iso,
and I could enter fixit without a crash!  Tried the same for cpu 0
	cpuset -l 0 zsh
and got a crash again.  Can anyone reproduce this on a physical box,
and possibly test other guests, and/or hosts with more than two cpus?
(Linux guests for some reason didn't want to work for me in qemu in qemu...)

 Thanx,
	Juergen