Date:      Tue, 03 Sep 1996 09:49:53 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Food for thought

CVS tree takes an extra 250M of hard disk.  That's still $50 worth of
hard disk, but you have to buy it in $200-$300 chunks, which can be
hard for people.  Or run the risk of the used market...

That said, I recently bought more disk (a Jaz drive), and have been
very happy with CTM of CVS.  I've not had any make worlds fail since
I've moved over to that which weren't the result of disk full
failures.

If you are going to play the -current game, you need at least 2.0G of
disk available.  700M for CVS + source + obj and 1.3 to do your real
work on :-)  IMHO, of course.

One thing I really *LIKE* about OpenBSD's anoncvs is that you can grab
a *SUBSET* of the tree and not have to pay the price of having both
the CVS tree and the whole source tree online.  If someone were really
upset about the current build situation, purhaps their energies might
be better spent setting up an experimental anoncvs server fed off a
ctm maintained CVS tree so that the FreeBSD community might benefit
from that.

Just some random thoughts...

Warner