Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 22:56:08 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall manpage installation question

Hi,

   I have a -current machine which I use to run a:

      cd /usr/src && make world && cd release && make release

   every night.

   On this machine, the sysinstall manpage is not installed onto
the system during make world.

% man sysinstall
No manual entry for sysinstall
% chroot /snap/release /bin/sh
# man sysinstall
SYSINSTALL(8)           FreeBSD System Manager's Manual          SYSINSTALL(8)

NAME
     sysinstall - system installation and configuration tool

  etc, etc, etc.

   It seems to me, that during a make world, we should build sysinstall
into /stand(or elsewhere), and install the manpage in the appropriate
location.

   comments? critiques?

Thanks,
John

ps: I am a heavy user of the scripted install process. I beleive we
    could help our cause by better documenting how the process works
    and providing some examples. Along those lines, here is a .cfg
    file I use for a machine that I use to test SNAPs on. This is
    an incredible time saving facility.

    Notes: noError=True  is not documented. See dispatch.c line 311
           _ftpPath=     is not documented. Appears to be an internal
                         vs. external naming scheme. Not sure...
                         See 1.157 of sysinstall.h, int dirty;.

# gigabit1.cfg
#
# FreeBSD Installation Config file for gigabit1.unx.sas.com
#
# This file generated on 05/06/99 15:23:16
#

debug=yes

ipaddr=10.26.1.231
hostname=gigabit1.unx.sas.com
domainname=unx.sas.com
defaultrouter=10.26.0.1
netmask=255.255.0.0

# ----- End of generated information -----

netDev=fxp0
ftp=ftp://freebsd.pc.sas.com/pub/FreeBSD
_ftpPath=ftp://freebsd.pc.sas.com/pub/FreeBSD
nameserver=10.16.149.6
mediaSetFTP
distSetEverything

disk=wd0
partition=exclusive
diskPartitionEditor

# 512 Meg swap partition
wd0s1-1=swap 1048576 none

# 1 Gig /tmp partition
wd0s1-2=ufs 2097152 /tmp

# 256 Meg /root partition
wd0s1-3=ufs 524288 /

# 256 Meg /var partition
wd0s1-4=ufs 524288 /var

# all remaining space for /usr partition
wd0s1-5=ufs 0 /usr

diskLabelEditor

installCommit

package=bash-2.03