Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 2004 18:08:07 +0100
From:      Julian Holley <julian@holley.uklinux.net>
To:        Ludwig Schreier <aaa777@bonbon.net>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's your favorite IBM Thinkpad running FreeBSD?

Hi - My Thinkpad 390X FOG 2626 works very well with the FreeBSD 4.9 -
not so well with 5.2 (APM problems)

The only problem I really had was with the sound buffer being too large
for real-time sound effects in games 5 sec delay ! - I got over this by
reducing the DMA buffer size related to the sound card.

Oh, and strange hard-disk boundary weirdness on other partitions - but
everything runs OK.

Ludwig Schreier wrote:

> Howdy, mobile People,
>
> What's your favorite IBM Thinkpad notebook running FreeBSD properly and
> 'stable'?
> (With problems / traumas listed, please)
>
> My favorite:
> The R40e. (See R40e related threads for more)
>
> Problems / Traumas:
> No COM Port
>
> Ludwig Schreier

end
        ^      Sent by Julian Holley,                <  >
      (OOO)                                           \/
       /^\         At Planet Clares.

        *          Surface voice contact: global  01749 673688
       * *                                private 01749 683528
       *  *                               verbatim 01749 670279
        *   *
         *    *     Off planet voice contact: Fixed   01225 422636
                                              Dynamic 07771 648315