Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 02:21:35 +0100
From:      Philip Paeps <philip@paeps.cx>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OT: This is slightly annoying

On 2003-01-07 21:18:35 (+0100), Stacy Olivas <olivas@digiflux.org> wrote:
> I'm new to this list and have a question.

Welcome :-)

> What is up with the Brett Glass clones?  Reading some of this stuff almost
> makes you think someone has split personalities or is psycho and carrying on
> a conversation with themselves.

It appears as though one or more resident trolls find it amusing to discredit
people by impersonating them.

> This looks like someone is trying to impersonate someone else (which would
> be amusing if it weren't so pathetic...  then again, I could be wrong..
> maybe the other person really is (or think they are) Brett Glass)...

Just another frustrated troll.  I don't think it's worth going through the
trouble of psycho-analysing trolls :-P

> Will the "real" and "original" Brett Glass please stand up (original meaning
> the one who's been here/with freebsd the longest).

Perhaps PGP signing would reduce the confusion?  Though that would be yielding
to the troll.

> Sorry, just my 2 cents.

And here's my 2 cents, that makes 4 cents.  Let's save up for the
'TrollBusters Benevolent Fund'! :-)

 - Philip

--
Philip Paeps                                          Please don't CC me, I am
philip@paeps.cx                                       subscribed to the list.

  90% of everything is crud.