Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 14:57:09 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Sergey <serge69@nym.alias.net>
Cc:        "Robert Withrow" <witr@rwwa.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

> You have said clearly what I tried to say...

I still don't see a productive exchange taking place, and I blame you
and you specifically for making it non-productive by starting it with
lots of hair-pulling and "gosh, can it be that the great FreeBSD is
really a nasty piece of crap?" style statements.

I hope that this serves as an illustrative lesson for others, if
nothing else.  Be nice with your questions / feedback and you'll get a
similar response.  Be nasty and whiny and you'll get a face full of
sand and perhaps a warmer pair of pants than you're generally
comfortable in.  Such exchanges make neither side look very good and
it's merely human nature for people to get upset when people try to
advance their causes ("listen to meeee!!") in such a manner.

I'll close this thread by noting also, for the record, that Sergey has
not accomplished his goal here despite his previous assertions to the
contrary.  He hasn't gotten the help he needed and, what's worse, he's
now on a bunch of people's shit lists so it's extremely unlikely, if
not downright impossible, that he'll get any useful help in the future
from any of us.  I see Linux, and only Linux, in this man's future.

- Jordan