Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:59:14 -0600 (CST)
From:      Gene Harris <zeus@tetronsoftware.com>
To:        Michael Remski <michaelremski@ellacoya.com>
Cc:        Dave Hostetler <dbhost@brokersys.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  What are the differences? (long)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Michael Remski wrote:

[snip]

>  I must warn you though:  I was a Linux user for about 5 years and
>  decided to see what FreeBSD was about.  So now I am completely FreeBSD,
>  no more Linux.  Both work well, try them both, keep whichever you like
>  better.

Actually, if you can afford to keep them both it is very
handy.  I often use one to help get a desired piece of
software working on the other.  If you have some extra
hardware to network the boxes, it is well worth the effort.
You learn a lot more watching these two disparate systems
interact than you do with one or the other only.

Gene