Date:      Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:47:02 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>
To:        The Anarcat <anarcat@anarcat.dyndns.org>
Cc:        libh@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cflags

If you're going to do this, my only suggestion be that you make sure
CFLAGS is set in something like the following fashion:

CDEBUGFLAGS?= -g
COPTFLAGS?=   -O
CWARNFLAGS?=   -Wall
CFLAGS?= ${CDEBUGFLAGS} ${COPTFLAGS} ${CWARNFLAGS} -pipe

That way you can override all or part of CFLAGS in the environment or
make command line without necessarily interfering with the flags you
don't want to change or care about.

- Jordan