Date:      Sat, 7 Nov 1998 21:29:31 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        Christine McKinty - Sun Microsystems <chrisb@odin.France.Sun.COM>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD manpages in SGML?

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 04:32:23PM +0100, Christine McKinty - Sun Microsystems wrote:
> I learned from your Documentation Current Projects page that you are
> going to be providing the documentation in SGML in future.  Are you
> also planning to convert the manpages?

Only in the sense that I've idly thought that it might be a project to
tackle in the medium future. I haven't got much beyond that stage though.

> I'm working on a project that will deliver a very large set of
> manpages, including some from the FreeBSD 2.2.7 release.  Our home-grown
> manpages are marked up in SGML.  It would be great if I had everything in the
> same format!

Would you be doing the conversion? We currently provide translations of
the manual pages into different languages, and we could treat this as
just another language (pretty much).

Would you be interested in co-ordinating this and keeping them up to
date?

	    C.R.F. Consulting -- we're run to make me richer. . .