Date:      Wed, 17 May 2000 17:46:27 +0100
From:      John Murphy <bigotfo@bigfoot.com>
To:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw and nat over ppp documentation

Marc Silver wrote:

>I have written the following documentation on how to set up ipfw over a
>ppp connection.  I hope this is the right place to submit it, but if
>not, please let me know.  A copy of this (for better viewing) is at
>http://draenor.org/ipfw
>
>Something like this is missing from the FAQ and handbook (or if it's
>there I certainly missed it) so perhaps it could be included with a bit
>of work??

Hi
I'm happy to say I've used this exact configuration since I first
saw it posted to freeBSD-doc on 2000/04/14. Works well for me, and
the ipfw settings seem to check out ok at grc.com.

I've made an alteration to allow FTP(PASV) namely:

$fwcmd add pass log tcp from any to any 21 setup
$fwcmd add pass log tcp from any 20 to any setup

which could perhaps be mentioned if it gets to the FAQ/handbook.

Thanks again,
John.