Date:      27 May 2002 12:27:35 +0400
From:      "Vladimir B. " Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        Lukas Ertl <l.ertl@univie.ac.at>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP over IrDA

=D0=92 Sat, 25.05.2002, =D0=B2 19:54, Lukas Ertl =D0=BD=D0=B0=D0=BF=D0=B8=
=D1=81=D0=B0=D0=BB:

> *) DNS works, hostnames are resolved correctly.
> *) traceroute works, I can see every hop.
> *) ping works only when run with "-s 10" or lower (otherwise the requests
>    are going out, but nothing ever comes back in).
> *) Every other connection runs into a timeout, and this is probably
>    because the packets sent back are too large, as the ping example
>    implies.
>=20
> I've already tried setting the MTU to minimum in ppp.conf, but that didn'=
> help either. So I'm stuck, and I don't know which knobs to tweak to get
> that thing running. Any hints?

Looks like you have problems with your provider.
I have 6210 - all works fine (but with pppd).

But I have tried 8250 via IR - connection established addreses got, but
no IP packets arrives. I think this is bug of 8250 or BeeLine (my GSM
operator).

=20
> regards,
> le
>=20
> --=20
> Lukas Ertl                              eMail: l.ertl@univie.ac.at
> UNIX-Systemadministrator                Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073
> Zentraler Informatikdienst (ZID)        Fax.:  (+43 1) 4277-9140
> der Universit=C3=A4t Wien                    http://mailbox.univie.ac.at/=
~le/
>=20
>=20