Date:      Thu, 28 Sep 2000 17:27:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PHP for All Mirrors? (Search Engine Sidebar)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, Neil Blakey-Milner wrote:

> My answer is the same as the answer to "Does PHP work on publicfile?".

I don't know what publicfile is, but I think I get your drift. The answer
is no.

> If we're going to go dynamic, let's make the decision to go dynamic
> first, and list what we want.

This is precisely why I pulled this question out as a sidebar.

The PHP thing showed up twice in discussion up as a new global
architecture to everything including Jordan's cats.  Since it showed up, I
thought it should be asked, as I said, to be thorough.

So far I have two NO votes and zero YES votes.

A better question is:

Is anyone willing to _do the work_ to make the website PHP (or Zope)
based?

1,2,3 NOT IT! :)  I am just here for a seach engine effort which I
volunteered to take on.  After I get the pulse of the project, I can move
forward with a plan.

Thank you,
Jason C. Wells

P.S. The rest is spam.

<php

$cat = pg_exec ( $connect_id, "select cat from jkh_cat_table where
purring='t' and has_fleas='f' );

if ( $cat_is_dry ) {
	hosedown ( $cat );
	laugh_for_seconds ( 10 );
	$should_i_run = check_for_jordan ();
	if ( $should_i_run ) {
		run ();
		else {
			laugh_for_seconds ( 30 );
		}
	}
	dry_cat ();
	return $cat . " to jkh";
}

smirk ();
print ( "I like that cat, $cat.  He makes me laugh!\n" );

?>