Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 12:09:06 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        "Dan Larsson" <dl@tyfon.net>
Cc:        "Grandpa Walrus" <root@web-walrus.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question regarding POP3

>| Does anybody know how to implement a virtual pop server solution on
>| FreeBSD?
>
>There's no virtual pop3 server AFAIK. The 'virtual' part regarding the domains
>is configured and handled by the mail transfer agent (sendmail, postfix etc)

I recently learned that there is at least one virtual pop3 server.
A local isp here is running one that accepts connections with
user specified as: user%domain.dom

Telnetting to their pop3 port I get:

+OK local.isp.com running Eudora Internet Mail Server 3.0b7 <1254075992-3915071@local.isp.com>

But this probably won't help "Grandpa", who is looking for a FBSD solution.

-Mitch