Date:      Wed, 23 May 2001 16:47:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Troy Brocato <tbrocato@intuos.net>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Mylex DAC960PD and DEC DS-BA356-KF

freebsd-hardware,

	I have a Mylex DAC960PD with 8mb cache and a Digital DS-BA356-KF
raid hotswap pedistal w/ single personality card installed.  In the
pedistal i have 2 9gig drives that are a matched pair running RAID-0, and
2 18 gig drives that are a matched pair running RAID-0.  Upon installing
FreeBSD 4.3.1 I am running into "Error 80 Attempt to write beyond end of
drive".  The kernel sees the DAC960PD and the drives correctly.  In Fdisk
i choose the option to use the entire disk and when labeling i choose the
auto option.  When FBSD goes and starts to make newfs it bombs with the
afforementioned error.  Any help or enlightenment is greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Troy Brocato
CTO Intuos Communications, Inc.
CCIE