Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2000 00:05:30 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Strange sound problem on Sony VAIO PCG-505TS

OK.  I have xmms running on my VAIO 505TS.  It sounds OK, but a bit
tinny on my little builtin speakers.

So, I thought I'd use headphones.  I plug them into the green hack
(the one with the head phones icon) and the builtin speakers turn
off.  Trouble is, I get no sound out of the headphones.  I unplugged
them from the laptop and into a radio and they worked.

Any idea if this is a problm with my laptop or with FreeBSD?  What do
the 505T* owners out there have to say.

Warner

P.S.  In case you don't recognize me, this is -current as of a few
days ago.  It is the first time I've tried sound out the head phone
jack ever. :-)