Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 19:26:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Daniel Eischen <eischen@vigrid.com>
To:        imp@village.org, peter@netplex.com.au
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, jkh@zippy.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: FLAG DAY COMING (was Re: New aout-to-elf build failures.)

Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au> wrote:
> 3: Build a new floppy with the new bootblocks, new boot loader and see that
>    it works on your system.  To do this:
>      1: get a formatted floppy ready
>      2: disklabel -Brw -b /boot/boot1 -s /boot/boot2 /dev/rfd0.1440 fd1440
>      3: newfs -T fd1440 /dev/rfd0.1440
>      4: mount /dev/fd0.1440 /mnt
>      5: mkdir /mnt/boot
>      6: cp /boot/loader /mnt/boot/loader
>      7: cp /kernel /mnt/kernel
>      8: touch /mnt/boot/boot.conf
>      9: umount /mnt

Thanks for the directions.  This works fine on my laptop with fd drive,
but my home system doesn't currently have a floppy drive.  It has a
LS120 (wfd) drive and the same floppy doesn't work on it.  It can't
find /boot/loader.  I suspect wfd support isn't built into boot2.c
yet?

Dan Eischen
eischen@pcnet.com