Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:23:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI/PCI-bus issue with compaq evo n160

On 17-Dec-2003 Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 01:40:03PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
>>
>> On 17-Dec-2003 Fredrik Lindberg wrote:
>> > The solution suggested by Mauritz worked, the ACPI stuff works now.
>> > This is what I have in my loader.conf
>> >
>> > debug.acpi.disable="lid pci_link"
>> > hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"
>> > hw.cbb.start_memory="536870912"
>>
>> What if you remove the debug.acpi.disable line?
>
> The system hangs during boot just after printing "Mounting root <foo>"

And you have an interrupt storm on irq 10?

>> This sounds like the root problem of the interrupt storm.
>
> Not likely, as I have not redefined it on my N160. I had to set
> the unsupported I/O range thingy but that is all.

It depends on what drivers you have enabled.  Do you have usb and cbb
both enabled?  I just got a new laptop where cbb freaked out that also
got an interrupt storm as soon as I inserted a card (or booted with a
card inserted), and the root problem was that cbb was using resources
in use by another PCI device due to our brain-damaged PCI resource allocation
code (or rather, the lack thereof).