Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:22:48 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ipfw problems with -STABLE sources as of 15/10/2000,  9.30 GMT

Dear FreeBSD'ers,

After I had made and configured the world, on rebooting I was welcomed
by the following message:

[...]
Oct 16 21:27:50 bartequi /kernel: IP packet filtering initialized,
divert disabled, rule-based forwarding disabled, default to deny,
logging disabled
Oct 16 21:27:50 bartequi /kernel: ip_fw_ctl: invalid command

The same error is caused by the direct command
ipfw add 1000 divert 8668 ip from any to any via tun0:

<error message>
01000 divert 8668 ip from any to any via tun0
ip_fw_ctl: invalid command
ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument
</error message>

ipfw add <rule_number> accept <some_other_rule> seems to function, thoug=
h.

Well, actually, my mixer no longer works under -STABLE, but that's a
minor issue :-)

Best regards,
Salvo