Date:      Mon, 5 Sep 2005 10:36:16 -0300
From:      AT Matik <asstec@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DUPlicate icmpv6 echo replies over wi0

On Monday 05 September 2005 10:17, Greg Troxel wrote:

> The 802.11 mac layer can cause duplicates.  If the receiver hears
> the packet and sends an ack, but the ack is lost, the sender will
> retransmit, leading to two copies of the packet.  In theory a

I am not sure if this is a 802.11 layer problem but a poor wireless
connection. You get this on IPv4 as well. The accesspoint will
retransmit automatically at lower speed when delivery is not
confirmed within time. Same should happen on the wireless client, so
indeed you have three player here where you may have connection
quality problems.

You may set this

net.inet.tcp.rexmit_min

higher to get better results on wireless networks with slower
latencies but setting this will not resolve your connection problem.
You should better check your antenas and AP settings.

Hans

--

Infomatik Internet Technology
 http://wipserver.matik.com.br