Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 16:10:35 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz.zupan@medinet.si>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail distribution

One topic that I don't think was covered here is mail
distribution. How do you guys distribute mail to different
servers? Let's say you have two servers and one of them
goes down. How would I redirect all mail handling to
this second machine? Ok, SMTP is no problem, I simply
have the same sendmail configuration on both machines.
How about mailboxes? How would users pick up mail through
POP3 on this new machine? I simply can't believe that
all providers have only one POP3 server.

NFS mounting the mail spool is not a solution because you
still have the same problem if your NFS server goes down.
My only idea right now is to have mail be delivered to
BOTH pop3 servers. Or am I completely on the wrong track?

Of course I'm using FreeBSD as my main platform...

--
Blaz Zupan, blaz.zupan@medinet.si, http://www.medinet.si/~blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia