Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 14:27:54 -0700
From:      "Brent Wiese" <brently@bjwcs.com>
To:        "Fatbob" <fatbob@charon.gothic.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: PCI NICs that use the DEC Tulip driver?

> > My question is ... can someone recommend PCI 10/100 NICs that
> use the DEC
> > Tulip driver (the 'de' interface), are still available, and
> will work with
> > the 21040 driver under FreeBSD-2.1.0? I'm not picky as to model (SMC,
> > Linksys, DEC, etc.) - I just need to find one that works.
>
> 	I believe the Kingston 100TX use this chip. I know for a fact they
> use the de driver though.
>

> 						Rick

The Kingston cards are a newer Intel version of this chip. I've found them
to be a bit flaky w/ the de driver. If its low traffic you'll probably be
ok.

When Intel bought DEC, they discontinued this chip, which is too bad because
it rocks.

The old Netgear cards used this chip. You might be able to find one on an
auction or something.

Cheers,
Brent