Date:      Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:05:58 -0400
From:      Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
To:        obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>, freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: any porting effort

obrien@FreeBSD.ORG said:
:-The port is targeting the blue&white G3 and G4.  However, with your
:-kernel experience, other machine support is certainly your decision.

I'm working on a port that apparently would be much more general, in that
it isn't *targeted* at any particular architecture, and in particular
would be easily ported to embedded systems without any of the typical
things you find in the g3 and g4 systems.

I've worked with the linux ppc port, and it is pretty flawed in terms
of portability because it *was* targeted to a specific architecture and
is littered with ifdefs and false assumptions that makes porting to
foreign architectures rather painful.

Are you keeping an *official* repository of code?  Also, are you willing
to see your port modified to emphasize portability?  Either way, I'd like
to get access to your work today if possible.

Thanks!