Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:53:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bradley Dunn <bradley@dunn.org>
To:        "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gated and OSPF anyone?

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Daniel O'Callaghan wrote:

> I'm trying to convert my internal network from RIP to OSPF using gated.
> I'm not having much luck.  Does anyone have experience here, perhaps with
> working config files.

# Gated config file. See http://www.gated.org/ for docs and pointers to
# gated mailing lists. Please no flames for poor style. :)
#
# Trace Options. Could replace 'all' with 'general' for less verbosity
traceoptions "/var/tmp/gated.trace" replace size 1m files 2 all;

# Interfaces statement
interfaces { interface all passive; };

# Turn OSPF on
ospf yes {
   backbone {
      # Authentication, could be 'none'
      authtype simple;
    # Use the networks statement to define what networks to run OSPF on
    networks {
       X.X.X.X mask X.X.X.X;
      };
   # One interface statement for each network interface that will
   # participate in OSPF
   interface X.X.X.X
      cost 1 {
        retransmitinterval 5;
        transitdelay 1;
        priority 1;
        hellointerval 10;
        routerdeadinterval 40;
        # Put your password here if you are using password auth
        authkey "XXXXXXXX";
      };
   };
};

# Define static routes
static {
   X.X.X.X masklen 24 gateway X.X.X.X;
};

# Export static and directly connected routes into OSPF
export proto ospfase {
   proto static;
   proto direct;
};