Date:      Mon, 13 Jan 97 15:42:05 +0100
From:      garyj@frt.dec.com
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.6R kernel compile problems

vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM writes:
> 	We're having a problem with two of three machines that if we
> specified options pty 256 from pty 64, the machine will just keep
> rebooting over and over again right after npx0 in the device list, it says
>
> panic: double fault
>
> This happens where normally it identifies the swap device I think.
>
> 	Any ideas?  It works fine at pty 64.  All devices (ptys) have been
> configured as well as /etc/ttys updated.

I imagine the reason you've never gotten a reply to any of the mails
which you've sent out on this subject is that you haven't provided any
usable details.

What version of FBSD are you using ?

Try providing a list of the routines (nm /kernel) around the address
where it's failing. And also identify the routine where it fails. Then
somebody might be able to help.

---
Gary Jennejohn				(work) gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
					(home) Gary.Jennejohn@munich.netsurf.de