Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 23:34:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      James Robertson <max@underdog.maxie.com>
To:        Asif Bakar <asif@iss.arinet.com>
Cc:        bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windows95 connection

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Asif Bakar wrote:

> I am not sure if it is Windows 95 problem or FreeBSD
> problem.  But here it is!
>
> I use Free BSD to allow users to connect to my machine.
> I dont have any problems with any of the users connecting
> to my machine using any windows TCP/IP software.  but
> all my customers with WINDOWS95 are having problems.

> do you have any suggestions in terms of setting up some
> flag or option somewhere which will allow me to let
> the window95 users get into my server.

	Windows95 has a known problem talking to BSDI, since FreeBSD is
similar it might be the same. At any rate, the same fix lets Win95 users
dial into the FreeBSD server here.

Disable VJ compression in Win95 and it should successfully connect, if
you don't you'll get a message something like "No compatible protocol"..I
don't remember exactly now, it's been a while since I messed with Win95,
the 95 test machine here is now a FreeBSD one. :-)

If that doesn't do it, let me know, I have some notes around here
somewhere on getting it to work.

	It's Win95 with the bug, not BSD, by the way...

  James Robertson