Date:      Tue, 08 Aug 2000 11:41:43 -0400
From:      Dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Traffic Counting

At 02:14 PM 8/8/00 +1000, you wrote:
>Can anyone suggest some traffic counting software for FreeBSD boxes?
>
>I have tried PACT but it has problems when the interface rolls over 2^32 and
>back to zero in a short period of time, it looses the plot.
>
>What I am trying to do is count the traffic my ethernet connected customers
>are using in the building. They all hang of managed switches that plug into
>a central FreeBSD router/gateway.

If you need to gather based on IP address, traffic type, MAC address, etc
you could use our bwmgr product with or without bandwidth controls. You can
maintains stats for different types of traffic for each customer as well. A
graphing function is integrated into an HTML based management system

The next version (going into beta next week) will store the info in an SQL
database ready for customized reporting.

its is commercial however.....

www.etinc.com

Dennis

Emerging Technologies, Inc.
---------

http://www.etinc.com
ISA and PCI T1/T3/V35/HSSI Cards for FreeBSD and LINUX
Multiport T1 and HSSI/T3 UNIX-based Routers
Bandwidth Management Standalone Systems
Bandwidth Management software for LINUX and FreeBSD