Date:      Mon, 28 Mar 2016 00:07:29 +0800
From:      =?UTF-8?B?5by15pWs5piK?= <frank@csie.io>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFS on a NetApp powered VMWare cluster

Hi list:

We have about eight freebsd workstations on vmware vsphere 6 cluster whose
storage is based on NFS provided by NetApp.

We have been using ZFS on our workstations because we wanted to take
advantage of the ZFS boot environment; however, recently we are told not to
do so because using ZFS would impose a huge performance impact on our
workstations. Is that true? Or is there any suggestions on tuning the ZFS
on those workstations?

Thanks!

Frank Chang