Date:      Thu, 15 Oct 1998 08:28:46 +0100
From:      Dom Mitchell <dom@phmit.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Michael C. Vergallen" <mvergall@mail.double-barrel.be>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partition Type Numbers

On 14 October 1998, "Michael C. Vergallen" proclaimed:
> Dous anyone have the list off partition type numbers recognized by
> bootmgr ? I need the folowing types for a test system i'm putting
> together so I can run some OS Tests here :
>
> - SCO OSR 5.04
> - Solaris 2.6

I seem to recall from the Solaris 2.6 release notes that it uses the
same partition type as Linux swap.  According to
/usr/src/sbin/i386/fdisk/fdisk.c that's 0x82.  Also, guessing from that
file, I would say that the SCO one probably uses partition type 0x63.

Have a look on http://docs.sun.com/ for more details on the Solaris one.
--
Dom Mitchell -- Palmer & Harvey McLane -- Unix Systems Administrator
"Xerox studies suggest that most people print out electronic mail