Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 09:57:08 +1000
From:      "Andrew Reilly" <a.reilly@lake.com.au>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
Cc:        "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>, davids@webmaster.com, mike@smith.net.au, serge69@nym.alias.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 11:46:50PM +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> There is one detail I miss: most commercial products are supported by
> supplying limited scale fixes (OK, sometime a *lot* of them) instead of
> a wholesale upgrade.
>
> Not that I advocate starting a patch circus like most of the commercial folks
> mind you! Just an observation.

I'm pretty sure that this has come up in the past.  You would need
a server to run (?)daily builds against 3.2-STABLE, and build a
tar.gz file of the files that have changed since 3.2-RELEASE or
3.1-RELEASE.  (Or use xdelta, if it helps.  Is there an xdelta
equivelant to patch?)

Not hard, but since we've got cvsup and make world, I can't see
that there's all that much incentive to do the work or provide the
infrastructure.

--
Andrew