Date:      Sat, 05 Jun 2010 11:40:59 +0200
From:      Beat Gaetzi <beat@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@mittelstaedt.us>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Serial ports under VirtualBox

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> A month or so ago I posted the following, I was wondering if
> anyone has taken a look at the "disconnect then cannot
> reconnect" problem in the port.  There is an update to
> the bug I referenced here that will help the situation,
> but it won't do any good if the FreeBSD port still has the
> "disconnect then cannot reconnect" problem with the serial
> ports.

According to the information from the ticket this problem should be
fixed in VirtualBox 3.2.2. Could you please try the virtualbox-ose-kmod
and virtualbox-ose port from our development repository and check if the
problem is fixed for you:

https://svn.bluelife.at/nightlies/virtualbox-port.tar.gz

Beat