Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 1997 09:42:44 +0100 (MET)
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: fvwm2 without japanese kit

>> On Sat, 15 Mar 1997 03:34:30 -0800 (PST),
>> asami@vader.cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami) said:

    SA>  * This way I would need to install it without using the ports scheme,
    SA>  * but that is a pity.

    SA> I have no problem if someone wants to keep the English version up to
    SA> date.  It's marked BROKEN because it is old, and I don't see any
    SA> reason why I would want to accidentally build a package (and ship an
    SA> extra distfile along the way) when there is a newer version with more
    SA> complete list of supported languages.

OK, that's true. Does the new port get bigger with every supported
language? Or is it possible to build it only with english so that fvwm
stays as small (w.r.t. memory consumption) as the original one? If
that's true than indeed there is no need to maintain the older port.

--
 /\_/\
( o.o ) Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht), |  Trust is a good quality