Date:      Fri, 18 Jul 1997 17:03:25 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        joelh@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Cc:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FTC regulating use of registrations

>From The Desk Of Joel Ray Holveck :
> Well, the good ol' FTC is taking a hand in the Internet now.  It
> appears that they have declared it illegal to request information on
> minors without the parent's consent.
>
> Is it just me, or do these guys
>  a) not know a blasted thing about the net, and
>  b) suffer from a case of rectocranial inversion?
>
> I mean, I'm all for protecting children and all, but the way to go
> about it must be firmly based in realistic ideas.  This actually looks
> to me like a thinly-veiled way for the government to reassert its
> control on the Internet.

It is not about protecting children it is about controlling the population 8)

What really pisses me off is how long will they go on peddling the
poor helpless child as a vehicle for control .

I think that highways should be banned from the US because any child
(think about it any child) can just walk into the middle of the
highway and get killed . 10 feet tall barriers should be errected on
existing rural streets, inner cities roads  and every intersection should
be carefully patrolled or monitored .

	Amancio