Date:      Mon, 10 Apr 1995 18:22:28 -0700
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes>
To:        CVS-commiters, cvs-etc
Subject:   cvs commit: src/etc netstart rc sysconfig

rgrimes     95/04/10 18:22:27

  Modified:    etc      netstart rc sysconfig
  Log:
  Remove obsolete comments about my-name and my-network.

  Have netstart directly source sysconfig so that it stands on its own.
  Do not source netstart in rc, run it with sh.

  Rework the dangerous /etc/hostname.* so that it uses a variable with
  a list of interfaces and a variable for each interface in that list.
  The files /etc/hostname.* become obsolete with this change, the
  information is now stored in /etc/sysconfig.

  Source any /etc/start_if.${ifn} files so they can export things to
  netstart (plans for future enhancements in this area.)

  Obsolete /etc/defaultrouter, this is now down with $defaultrouter from
  sysconfig.