Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 1995 20:44:23 -0500
From:      "Hugh S. Ellis" <hellis@domus.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TCP/IP stack for PCs

Hi there,

I will be using my FreeBSD system as a firewall through which my users
will connect to the Internet.  (Network's not connected yet since my firewall
isn't quite ready :(

While FreeBSD is really cool, I think I may get some resistance to converting
all my users from DOS to FreeBSD.  Given that they may be running DOS, or
worse, DOS + Novell, what is the best way to allow them to access my FreeBSD
server?

I have been told that there are some reasonable public domain TCP stacks for
PCs running Windows.  Any recommendations as to what I should be looking for?
Also, if I can tune up my firewall, I would like to get them running X.  Are
there versions of X for MS-Windows  out there?  What is likely to be most
compatible with my FreeBSD system?

Thanks,

Hugh Ellis
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.