Date:      Wed, 8 Mar 1995 16:33:28 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
Cc:        hsu@cs.hut.fi, freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, terry@cs.weber.edu, witr@rwwa.com
Subject:   Re: BSD Consortium?

Terry Lambert writes:

> > I'll promise to donate $100 of my own, and, say $400 of my company money to
> > BSD (or Free operating system) Consortium if one will ever be set up to get
> > rid of this mess.
>
> Actually, this was first considered some time ago, and was discussed
> at length by Robert Withrow, myself, and others.

It must be in the air.  I sent out a message about a FreeBSD
consortium the other day.  It was eaten in the great mailing list
lossage; I don't know if anyone saw it or not.

My point was (as it was the last time we discussed this) that when
I put together proposals that feature FreeBSD then a consortium
lends more credibility.

You have more elaborate plans (but that is to be expected...), and
you want a new entity independent of FreeBSD and NetBSD, something
I suspect will muddy the waters even more.

(Terry's good ideas deleted.  I'll add the all important four color
brochure presenting the goals of the organization and listing the
members, which is what I could really use right now)

> To keep the ball rolling, I could probably come up with $500 as well
> (but I'd want a T-shirt or a cloisoine Daemon pin and a nice "charter
> member" certificate or something).  8-).

$500 here also if we can agree on the charter for the organization.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936