Date:      Tue, 19 Feb 2002 13:56:42 -0500
From:      "Eric S. Van Gyzen" <eric@stat.duke.edu>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   VMware3: How Can I Help?

Most of the machines in my department run FreeBSD.  I installed Linux on
several faculty laptops so they could run VMware, and now those faculty
are staring to talk about Linux on the departmental workstations.  If that
happens, I'll never hear the end of it from a very...shall we say
"evangelistic" Linux sysadmin and friend in the Physics department.

For that reason above all others, I want to help port VMware3 to FreeBSD.
What can I do?  I haven't written a single line of code for _any_ kernel,
but I have a BS in CS, the ability to learn, plenty of FreeBSD (and when
necessary, Linux) machines at my disposal, and occasionally even some
spare time.  Just tell me where to start.

Thanks, and I look forward to working with...somebody.

-Eric

--
Eric S. Van Gyzen                                 919.684.5419
Sr Systems Programmer                       eric@stat.duke.edu