Date:      Wed, 26 May 1999 13:33:57 +1000
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>, Sergey <serge69@nym.alias.net>
Cc:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] How stable is FreeBSD 3.X ?

On Tue, May 25, 1999 at 02:57:09PM -0700, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> > You have said clearly what I tried to say...
>
> I still don't see a productive exchange taking place, and I blame you
> and you specifically for making it non-productive by starting it with
> lots of hair-pulling and "gosh, can it be that the great FreeBSD is
> really a nasty piece of crap?" style statements.

thats not the way it read to me .. but then i'm not an american
english fan, nor is english my forst language.

pity you bigots couldn't see that and have hounded yet another
possibly excellent contributor out of teh freebsd community
because of your arrogant, childish stupidity.

> I hope that this serves as an illustrative lesson for others, if

sure, but not the ignorance you espouse so self-rightously.

> nothing else.  Be nice with your questions / feedback and you'll get a

be nice with your responces .. it cuts both ways, and always
read the context . not just with an eye spoiling for a fight,
as you have so abley demonstrated int eh past, as now.

> similar response.  Be nasty and whiny and you'll get a face full of
> sand and perhaps a warmer pair of pants than you're generally
> comfortable in.  Such exchanges make neither side look very good and
> it's merely human nature for people to get upset when people try to
> advance their causes ("listen to meeee!!") in such a manner.

it was obvious from teh very start that the origianl authors
first language was/is not american english .. maybe you should
have taken that into concidration before launching into you
usuall tirade and causing this whole episode of mass hysteria.

> I'll close this thread by noting also, for the record, that Sergey has
> not accomplished his goal here despite his previous assertions to the
> contrary.  He hasn't gotten the help he needed and, what's worse, he's
> now on a bunch of people's shit lists so it's extremely unlikely, if
> not downright impossible, that he'll get any useful help in the future
> from any of us.  I see Linux, and only Linux, in this man's future.

this is a real loss for freebsd the sad thing is that we, more
correctly you are causing this to happen more and more offten.
what is this about amercan englsih that makes it so special
that its purity needs to be protected so virulenlty by
attacking so savagely every one who stray away from teh gold
standard as espoused by the walnut creek elite cliched group
mindset ?

for a group how so adamnetly supports the freendon of speach
and or expression you peoples sure do a lot of very active
supporession of communications, especialy by and from people
who are even marginally differnet from teh majorty of teh hurd.

every time i see a post liek this fom you and teh like minded
sheep it makes it so much easier to not recomend freebsd, or
more to the point to worry a lot about how the new freebsd user
will be treated, more so if they don't speak near perfect
american english.

how long is it going to take you smallminded people to realise
that the world doesnt stop at teh borders of mainland usa and
or the world is a place full of diversity of culture and
epression and that while 'englsih' might be teh labguage of
computing not all are as equall skilled at its daily usages and
cross border neuances.

to use teh disaparagmtn yo and your chronies sned often enught
to me .. 'get a life, jordan', or that other old chestnut, 'grow
up'

take care .. you may just end up getting the kind of freebsd
you are buiilding.

jonathan

... i'm stupid because i was born like this, whats your excuse ?